...because I couldn't wait to dig into my new Hocus Pocus from Pink Paislee. It is Halloween paper that is truly pretty! I started cutting and experimenting and a layout was born! I figured I would walk you through it to give you an idea of how one of my pages evolves. Here it is:
I first started by cutting out the Hocus Pocus title from a sheet of the patterned paper.
I am so in love with the shade of green on the Good Fortune sheet so I made that my base. Notice the scallop on the bottom. Using my craft knife, I cut along the edges of the scallop, being sure to leave the left and right side edges in tact. I took a second piece of the Good Fortune and cut out the same scalloped border. Then I tucked it underneath the first one. Instant texture and layers.
I started experimenting and wanted to add a light color for contrast. I grabbed the die-cut paper:
I added other patterns for interest and mixed up my title using the new alphabet stickers. I realized that I wanted a flower, but not any ordinary flower. The new canvas borders are awesome and I thought why not.