Friday, May 20, 2011

Clusters of Goodness

A trend I see occuring frequently in this awesome hobby is the use of clusters on a layout.  I so enjoy figuring out which elements to place in a cluster.  Size, shape and texture really matter to create an interesting focal point on a layout.

When I build a page, I typically start with my bare desk and lay down a photo or two.  Then I start building, going outward until the page is complete.  The cluster is a huge component of that.

See what I mean:


I chose to do a center cluster on this layout!  I don't do this often, but I like the effect here.  I used the Webster's Pages Ladies and Gents line for this!  The flower matches the collection perfectly.  To add more texture and dimension, I used a silhouette and a heart doilie!

So glad I caught this picture of Ella and I at her party!  She is my little twin in more ways than one. 

So many traits and characteristics clustered together!




4 comments:

  1. ooohhh...really love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty layout. I love clustering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. That picture of your and your daughter is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet mom and daughter photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...